Today we bring you one of our favourite cookies!
There is perhaps no simpler cookie to make than this Genmaicha Cookie: all you need to do is mix the ingredients together. Also, with no butter, eggs, or milk, it is also relatively healthier than other cookies out there.
We stuffed ours we stored bought red bean, but you can easily just make this without 🙂
Crunchy and flaky in texture, a bite of this cookie will fill your senses with aromatic tea flavours (with some good quality tea leaves of course).
Genmaicha Cookies (makes approx 16-18)
- 4 grams of genmaicha
- 1 grams of matcha Powder
- 80 grams of all purpose flour
- 25 grams of corn starch
- 30 grams of sugar
- 40 grams of vegetable oil
- 100 grams of red bean paste (if using)
- icing sugar for dusting
- With a mortar and pestle, ground the genmaicha until fine, and combine with the matcha powder
- In a bowl, sift flour, corn starch, and sugar together. Add the grounded tea leaves into the bowl and stir the dry ingredients together with a spatula.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the flour mixture, and stir until the dough comes together (add a bit more vegetable oil, if the dough doesn’t come together well)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F and line baking tray with baking sheet
- Divide the dough into 16-18 pieces. Shape the divided dough into balls. Place directly on baking tray if not adding red bean paste
- If adding red bean paste, flatten each dough ball, and insert red bean paste in the middle. Wrap the dough around the red bean paste, and reshape into a ball
- Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie rack.
- Once cooled, dust with icing sugar. Serve with tea!
Super duper easy. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out! 😀